Victor Professional rat trap & tunnel (incl. shipping)
Orders placed after Wednesday 23rd December 2020 will be dispatched on or after Tuesday 5th January 2021
The Victor Professional trap is a great proven backyard trap. It comes in a custom made wooden tunnel box to keep the trap safe from curious pets and children (note: this isn't a weka proof tunnel). The Victor Professional meets the NAWAC animal humane standards for rats.
This price includes GST and shipping throughout NZ (for both urban and rural addresses). Note: We don't ship to the Chatham Islands.
THERE IS A LIMIT OF 5 TRAPS PER HOUSEHOLD. If you would like to order more than 5, please email us.
- Serve up some peanut butter and refresh often.
Where should I put my tunnel and trap?
- Place them on a flat surface near walls/compost or under cover.
- If you're not getting results, try a different spot.
When should I check my tunnel and trap?
- Preferably daily until you're getting results and the catch rate goes down, then check every 2-3 weeks.
- The more rats in the area, the more checks you'll need to do.
- Learn how to set your trap safely here.
Maintenance of traps
- Traps should be treated with a preserving agent (e.g. paint or fence stain/oil) as the wooden base is not treated. This will lengthen the life of the trap.
- Regular maintenance is essential, including checking and oiling springs and trigger mechanisms, weakened springs and broken trigger mechanisms.
- Traps should be cleaned regularly with a wire brush. This removes mould, fur etc.