T-Rex rat trap in tunnel
The T-Rex trap is a great option for a backyard rat trap. It comes in a custom made wooden tunnel box to keep the trap safe from curious pets and children (note: this isn't a weka proof tunnel). The T-Rex is easier to set and rebait than other traps and meets the NAWAC humane standards for rats. It is made from high-impact plastic and rust-resistant metals. The removable bait cup allows the trap to be baited and serviced when not set.
Note: We don't ship to the Chatham Islands.
THERE IS A LIMIT OF 5 TRAPS PER HOUSEHOLD. If you would like to order more than 5, please email us.
How to use
- Remove the bait cup from the underside of the T-Rex. Simply twist left to unlock, and pull out.
- Fill the bait cup with peanut butter and replace.
- To set, squeeze the back end of the trap until you hear it click.
- Carefully slide your set trap, bait-end first, into a wooden tunnel box until it’s just inside.
- Squeeze the back end to release catches.
Where should I put my tunnel and trap?
- Place them on a flat surface near walls/compost or under cover.
- If you're not getting results, try a different spot.
When should I check my tunnel and trap?
- Preferably daily until you're getting results and the catch rate goes down, then check every 2-3 weeks.
- The more rats in the area, the more checks you'll need to do.
Flat rate shipping of $12 is applied at check out.