DOC 200 trap for stoats, rats and hedgehogs (incl. shipping)
Buy an authentic, humane and NZ designed stainless steel predator trap that comes complete with a custom made wooden tunnel box (note this trap isn't kea proof).
These traps are used primarily to trap stoats but they will also effectively and humanely kill rats and hedgehogs.
This price includes shipping throughout NZ (for both urban and rural addresses).
Note: DOC200s have a very powerful trap mechanism. Make sure you have attended a training course and/or thoroughly viewed these online instructional videos.
For the DOC250, click here.
- For stoats serve up some fresh rabbit, hare, possum, Eraze, salted rabbit, freeze-dried rabbit and/or fresh hen eggs.
- For hedgehogs use an egg.
- For rats use peanut butter (you can place it in a milk bottle top).
- Lures should be changed regularly (exactly when and how often will depend on where the traps are) and disposed of away from the trap.
Where should I put my trap?
- If you are using this in your backyard, place it somewhere easy to access.
- If you are in the bush or on farmland, place the trap along ridges, tracks, roads, and creeks/rivers – basically, anywhere that’s easy to reach. Set them on lines about 1km apart with a trap every 100m (1km x 100m). Put a number on each trap and keep track of how many you’ve set, when and where.
When should I check and rebait my trap?
- Ideally you should check and rebait them as often as you can, but every couple of weeks is ideal.
- If you are in the bush or on farmland, then check them about once a month.
- Set and rebait traps during each check and make sure the traps are still working.
- Maintenance of traps is critical.
- DOC200s have a very powerful trap mechanism. Make sure you have attended a training course and/or thoroughly viewed and followed the online instructional videos.
- Make sure the lid is screwed down at all times so that children can’t access the trap.
- When you change the lure make sure you use a safety clip or ‘unset’ the trap.