3 pack of Victor Professional rat traps (incl. shipping)
Buy a pack of 3 Victor Professional traps, perfect for your backyard trapping. These traps kill rats humanely and are easy to use and maintain. They are lightweight, portable and inexpensive.
These traps should be set in a tunnel or under a cover. The tunnel helps to direct the rat into the trap to ensure it is killed humanely. It also keeps pets and kids out.
- Serve up some peanut butter (or a lure of your choice) and refresh often.
- Place them on a flat surface near walls/compost or undercover.
- If you're not getting results, try a different spot.
- Preferably daily until you're getting results and the catch rate goes down, then check every 2-3 weeks.
- The more rats in the area, the more checks you'll need to do.
- Learn how to set your trap safely here.
Maintenance of traps
Traps should be treated with a preserving agent (e.g. paint or fence stain/oil) as the wooden base is not treated. This will lengthen the life of the trap.
Regular maintenance is essential; this includes: checking and oiling springs and trigger mechanisms. It is recommended that traps with weakened springs and broken trigger mechanisms are replaced.
Traps should be cleaned regularly with a wire brush. This removes mould, fur etc.