DOC 200 trap for stoats, rats and hedgehogs
Buy an authentic, humane and NZ designed stainless steel predator trap that comes complete with a custom made wooden tunnel box (note: this trap isn't kea proof).
These traps are used primarily to trap stoats but they will also effectively and humanely kill rats and hedgehogs.
Note: We don't ship to the Chatham Islands and there is a limit of 5 per order.
Note: DOC200s have a very powerful trap mechanism. Make sure you have attended a training course and/or thoroughly viewed these online instructional videos.
For the DOC 250, click here.
- For stoats serve up some fresh rabbit, hare, possum, Eraze, salted rabbit, freeze-dried rabbit and/or fresh hen eggs.
- For hedgehogs use an egg.
- For rats use peanut butter (you can place it in a milk bottle top).
- Lures should be changed regularly (exactly when and how often will depend on where the traps are) and disposed of away from the trap.
Where should I put my trap?
- If you are using this in your backyard, place it somewhere easy to access.
- If you are in the bush or on farmland, place the trap along ridges, tracks, roads, and creeks/rivers – basically, anywhere that’s easy to reach. Set them on lines about 1km apart with a trap every 100m (1km x 100m). Put a number on each trap and keep track of how many you’ve set, when and where.
When should I check and rebait my trap?
- Ideally you should check and rebait them as often as you can, but every couple of weeks is ideal.
- If you are in the bush or on farmland, then check them about once a month.
- Set and rebait traps during each check and make sure the traps are still working.
- Maintenance of traps is critical.
- DOC200s have a very powerful trap mechanism. Make sure you have attended a training course and/or thoroughly viewed and followed the online instructional videos.
- Make sure the lid is screwed down at all times so that children can’t access the trap.
- When you change the lure make sure you use a safety clip or ‘unset’ the trap.
Flat rate shipping of $12 is applied at check out.